It would be a shame to stay in Mallorca, an island rich in history and culture, without learning a little about its past, its traditions, the beauty of its landscapes and more. Do you want to know why the green window shutters are always closed? Do you wonder about the windmills? Can you even imagine how the island was 60 years ago? This Mallorca Off The Beaten Track tour is your opportunity to find out all these answers and more in the most fun way possible.
The tour departs from 3 different points of the island, meaning the first part of the trip will vary depending on where you depart from:
- From Mallorca South area: we will visit the quaint Port of Andratx. Then we will enjoy a scenic drive along the spectacular coast, passing some of the island's most pictureqsue villages such as Banyalbufar and Estellencs, including a photo stop at a watch tower. Next we will visit a typical Mallorcan "celler" with local wine tasting accompanied by snacks.
- From Mallorca East area: we will visit one of the island's most colourful markets: Arta Market. We will then visit the Aloe Vera Farm where we will be given a guided tour and they will show us the different products and explain the numerous uses for aloe vera, plus you can try the aloe vera juice.
- From Mallorca North area: we will visit the Aloe Vera Farm where we will be given a guided tour and they will show us the different products and explain the numerous uses for aloe vera, plus you can try the aloe vera juice. Next we will visit Sineu Market, one of the oldest markets on the island.
The next part of the tour is the same for everybody: we will go to the pretty town of Sineu, to a typical Mallorcan restaurant for lunch, which is included in the price. The menu consists of Mallorcan tapas:
- Bread with tomato, alioli and sangria.
- Mallorcan sausages
- Mushrooms stuffed with sobrasada with honey
- Roasted peppers with grilled aubergines and toast
- Cod with sobrasada sauce
- Grilled pork
- Fruit Flan
- Water, wine and coffee
After our typical lunch, we will continue the excursion with two visits: We will visit Orquidea Pearls where we will learn about the industry of the artificial pearls in Mallorca with personalized explanations of the whole process by our guides. Then we will take a scenic drive to the Puig of Bonany, one of Mallorca's hidden corners. This is a small hill with a well preserved hermitage on top and with superb views of the inland area and the bay of Alcudia. This visit is a great insight to how the island was before tourism and they have representations of Mallorca's traditional arts and crafts around the house.